Manuscript Mart: Fall Conference 2007
Saturday and Sunday, November 17 - 18, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Manuscript Mart provides writers with the opportunity to pitch their manuscripts and get feedback from an editor or agent with a leading publisher or literary agency. A one-on-one, 20-minute pitch and Q & A session will be scheduled for you, to take place on Saturday, November 17, from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm or Sunday, November 18, between 9:00 am and 12:30 pm.
Note: Manuscript Mart sessions are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. You must register for Manuscript Mart by mail, with manuscript and payment enclosed, by a postmark date of October 24, 2007.
- Submit a one-page query letter and 20 double-spaced pages of your fiction or nonfiction manuscript (for book-length projects, you must include a one-page synopsis of the work as a whole). You may include a book proposal or query letter as part of your 20 pages. Make sure your name is on each page of your submission. NUMBER YOUR PAGES.
- All submissions must be double-spaced with 12-point font, on 8 1/2x11" paper, 1 inch margins.
- You must be registered for the conference for your Manuscript Mart session to be scheduled.
- Download and print the Manuscript Mart Cover Sheet, which you may download from the "Online Registration" form listed on the right of this page. Mail it with two hard copies of your submissionto:
North Carolina Writers' Network
PO Box 954
Carrboro, NC 27510
- Checklist: 2 copies of manuscript; registration form; check to cover Manuscript Mart ($120) (and a separate check to cover all other conference fees if you are registering for the conference through the mail).
- NOTE: If Manuscript Mart fills, your check will be returned to you, minus related charges.
Manuscript Mart Reviewers
From the names below, select your first, second, and third choice on your registration form. We will try to accommodate your first choice; if we cannot, we will select an appropriate editor or agent for you. You will be notified two weeks before the conference as to your assigned editor or agent, and the time and location of your session.
|Susanna Einstein||LJK Literary Management, Senior Agent||Historical fiction, literary fiction, Young Adult, narrative non-fiction, memoir|
|Ellen Pepus||Ellen Pepus Literary Agency, Owner||Nonfiction and fiction including science fiction, Chick Lit, Young Adult|
|Bess Reed||Regal Literary Inc., Agent||Southern Fiction, narrative non-fiction especially self-help and women's issues, not memoir|
|Stephen Kirk||John F. Blair, Publisher, Editor-in-Chief||Biography, memoir, cookbooks, history, folklore, humor, travel|
|Lauren Mosko||Writer's Digest Books, Editor||Inspirational, how to|
|Amy Rogers||Novello Press, Founder, Publisher||Fiction, nonfiction, anything except poetry or childrens' literature|
|Kevin Watson||Press 53, Co-Owner, Publisher, Editor||Short fiction, novels, novella, and creative nonfiction|