"The Network is North Carolina’s foremost and best-organized writers’ group."
-Ben Steelman, Wilmington Star-News
The North Carolina Writers' Network is open to all writers, working in all genres, at all levels of skill and experience, all across this state, and beyond. You do not have to be published, unpublished, or a North Carolinian (by birth or residence) to join the North Carolina Writers' Network.
- Discounts on workshops, conferences, and other Network events
- Discounts on advertising on the website and in our weekly e-blasts, newsletters, and more
- Exclusive access to contests, jobs, residencies, and other publication and submission opportunities
- The Network's Critiquing and Editing Service (available only to Network members; additional fee)
- Coverage in Book Buzz and Hats Off!, two special website sections highlighting members' achievements and publications
- Access to NCWN's audio/visual resources including readings, tutorials, presentations, and more
- A subscription to the Network's publication, The Writers' Network News, and access to the WNN archives
- Courtesy web links for members' blogs and author websites
- Weekly member e-updates
- Opportunities to market your books at festivals, your other writing skills in workshops
- Exclusive access to our agent and editor listings
- Consultations with agents and editors at conferences
Annual Membership Dues
- $75 - Individual
- $55 - Senior citizens (age 65 and over), students, persons with disabilities
- $130 - Household (1 newsletter, discounts available to each member)
- $130 - Two-year rate for individuals
- $150 - Institutional Membership (for details about Institutional Memberships, click here)
- Phone us and provide membership and payment information over the phone. The phone number is 336-293-8844.
Your membership in the North Carolina Writers' Network will be processed within two business days ("business days" do not include weekends and holidays). You will receive an e-mail with instructions for logging in to the members-only portions of the website. If you do not receive this e-mail within two business days, please call the Network at 336-293-8844.