Written by Administrator
Sunday, 10 February 2008 13:02
Page 6 of 6
In-Depth Manuscript Critique
Elizabeth Daniels Squire Summer Writing Residency 2007
The 2007 Summer Residency is over, but we have left this information on the website so that you can refer to it as a model of our summer residency courses.
A limited number of in-depth manuscript critiques are available from conference faculty on a first-come, first-serve basis. Faculty will read a longer manuscript in advance (20 pp prose, 10 pp poetry), then schedule a 30 minute meeting time with you during the conference week.
Fee: $120 per manuscript
In-Depth Critique Application Guidelines
- Critique Service is open to conference registrants only.
- 20 pages prose (double spaced); 10 pages poems (1 poem max. per page).
- Be sure to number your pages, put your name on each page, and write a brief letter stating any special requests or focus for the critique.
In-Depth Critique Application Steps
Note: Don't forget to send a separate (shorter) manuscript sample for your class with your registration. 10 pp. prose, 5 pp. poetry. This is the manuscript that will be used in class critique. You may use the same material or different material for your in-depth faculty critique.
- Register for Summer Residency via web, phone, or mail.
- Print a copy of our In-Depth Critique Service Cover Sheet and fill out with your requested faculty name, or name your faculty selection on a cover sheet. Place the cover sheet on your manuscript.
- Send two copies of your manuscript for critique with a check for $120, made out to NCWN Critique, to: NCWN Summer Residency Critique, PO Box 954, Carrboro, NC 27510.
- Deadline: May 15, 2007.
- We will notify you if you have been accepted for critique.
Last Updated on Sunday, 10 February 2008 21:27
Hats Off! to Brenda Kay Ledford who received the 2013 Paul Green Multimedia Award from the North Carolina Society of Historians for her poetry chapbook, Beckoning (Finishing Line Press).
Upcoming Readings & Events
|Sat, Dec 7th, @11:00am - 02:00PM|
Tommy Hays Reading
|Sat, Dec 7th, @11:00am - 05:00PM|
Anna Browning Reading
|Sat, Dec 7th, @2:00pm - 04:00PM|
Erika Hoffman and Connie Riddle Reading
|Sat, Dec 7th, @7:00pm - 09:00PM|
Richard Krawiec, Daniel Nathan Terry and Shelby Stephenson Reading
|Sat, Dec 7th, @7:00pm - 08:30PM|
Kym Gordon Moore Reading