Page 12 of 13
Critique Service: Fall Conference 2007
Saturday and Sunday, November 17 - 18, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
The Critique Service provides writers with in-depth literary critique of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and screenplays, from a seasoned faculty member writer. A one-on-one, 25-minute review session will be scheduled for you, to take place on Saturday, November 17, from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm or Sunday, November 18, between 9:00 am and 12:30 pm.
Note: Manuscript Critiques are schedules on a first-come, first-served basis. You must register for a critique by mail, with manuscript and payment enclosed, by a postmark date of October 24, 2007.
- Submit 20 double-spaced pages of your fiction, nonfiction, or screenplay manuscript (for book-length projects, you must include a one-page synopsis of the work as a whole), or 10 pages of poetry. Make sure your name is on each page of your submission. NUMBER YOUR PAGES.
- All prose submissions must be double-spaced with 12-point font, on 8 1/2x11" paper; poetry submissions should include no more than 1 poem per page.
- Download and print the Critique Service Cover Sheet, which you may download from the "Online Registration" form listed on the right of this page. Mail it with two hard copies of your submission to:
North Carolina Writers' Network
Fall Conference Critique Service
PO Box 954
Carrboro, NC 27510
- Checklist: 2 copies of manuscript; check to cover Critique Service ($120). You must be registered for the Fall conference before we schedule your critique.
- NOTE: If Critique Service fills, your check will be returned to you.
From the names below, select your first, second, and third choice. We will try to accommodate your first choice; if we cannot, we will select an appropriate Critiquer for you. You will be notified two weeks before the conference as to your assigned critiquer, and the time and location of your session.
|Fall Conference Critiquers ||Genres |
|Joseph Bathanti ||Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry |
|C. Michael Curtis ||Fiction |
|Quinn Dalton ||Fiction |
|Keith Flynn ||Poetry |
|Nathan Ross Freeman ||Screenplays, Plays |
|Louise Hawes ||Short Fiction, Young Adult Literature |
|Roy Jacobstein ||Poetry |
|Randall Kenan ||Fiction, Nonfiction |
|Sebastian Matthews ||Poetry, Creative Nonfiction |
|Laura Hart McKinny ||Screenplays |
|Sheryl Monks ||Fiction, Poetry |
|Robert Morgan ||Fiction, Nonfiction |
|Valerie Nieman ||Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry |
|Pat Riviere-Seel ||Poetry |