The North Carolina Writers’ Network is seeking a self-motivated professional to help with all aspects of its operations, particularly its online presence, media relations, and community outreach. This position will require 20-30 hours a week, but could develop into a full-time position, based on performance and results.
This position will work from a home office, which must have a dependable phone line and high-speed Internet connection. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and comfortable working alone. They must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as experience with marketing and customer/member service. They must be computer-literate, proficient with Joomla and WordPress systems, as well as other common software (MS Office, Adobe InDesign, etc.). This position will report directly to the Executive Director.
Working days and hours are flexible, but candidates must be accessible and responsive Monday through Friday.
Primary duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
– Maintain NCWN and NC Literary Hall of Fame websites, updating and creating relevant content, improving usability
– Under direction of Executive Director, coordinate and plan NCWN outreach programs
– Help write press releases
– Help write, edit, and produce quarterly newsletter
– Contact and follow up with media regarding NCWN events
– Promote NCWN in writing and in person
– Increase NCWN visibility throughout state
– Assist with administrative tasks, as needed
Questions may be directed to Ed Southern at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to that address, or to –
Attn: Ed Southern
P.O. Box 21591
Winston-Salem, NC 27120