The North Carolina Writers’ Network is seeking a part-time Membership Coordinator to help with all aspects of its operations. This person will work 10 – 15 hours a week through most of the year, and possibly up to 20 hours during the weeks prior to our Spring Conference (April), Squire Summer Writing Residency (July), and Fall Conference (November). The Membership Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director, and will be paid a wage of $11/hour.
The NCWN Membership Coordinator will be the Network’s “front line” for routine member service. The Membership Coordinator will work from a home office, which must have an independent phone line for Network calls, a high-speed Internet connection, and space for Network files, promotional materials, etc. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and comfortable working alone. They must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as experience with customer/member service. They must be computer-literate, proficient with MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), and possess a basic familiarity with e-mail communication, html, and data entry. Experience with blogging software and/or content management systems is a plus.
The primary duties of the Membership Coordinator will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Enter new-member information into database
- Send membership packets to new members
- Send thank-you letters to donors
- Update expiration date & check database entries for renewing members
- Check member database for missing or outdated information
- Be responsible for accuracy of all entries in member database
- Respond to e-mails, or forward to correct recipient
- Follow-up on members’ questions or complaints regarding routine member service
- Assist Network staff before and during conferences & other events
- Other appropriate duties, as required
The successful candidate will keep regular office hours during the week, preferably sometime between 9 am – 4 pm, Monday through Friday, to take calls and e-mails from members and others.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume to:
Ed Southern, Executive Director, North Carolina Writers’ Network,
P.O. Box 21591
Winston-Salem, NC 27120