- Category: Uncategorised
"The Network is North Carolina’s foremost and best-organized writers’ group."
-Ben Steelman, Wilmington Star-News
The North Carolina Writers' Network is open to all writers, working in all genres, at all levels of skill and experience, all across this state, and beyond. You do not have to be published, unpublished, or a North Carolinian (by birth or residence) to join the North Carolina Writers' Network.
NCWN staff will process your membership as soon as possible, and will send you an e-mail with instructions for logging into the website.
- Discounts on conferences, competitions, and other Network events
- Exclusive access to contests, calls for submissions, jobs, residencies, and other publication opportunities
- The Network's Critiquing and Editing Service (available only to Network members at below-market rates)
- Coverage in Book Buzz and Hats Off!, two special website sections highlighting members' achievements and publications, as well as through social media
- Access to NCWN's audio/visual resources including tutorials, online class archives, readings, presentations, and more
- Exclusive access to our agent and editor listings
- Discounts on advertising on our website, in our weekly e-blast, newsletters, and more
- Opportunities to market your books at festivals
- Courtesy web links for members' blogs and author websites
- A subscription to the Network's publication, The Writers' Network News, and access to the WNN archives
- And more!
Annual Membership Dues
- $80 - Individual
- $60 - Senior citizens (age 65 and over), young writers (30 and under), full-time students, persons with disabilities
- $140 - Two-year rate for individuals
- $110 - Two-year rate for senior citizens
- $140 - Household (1 newsletter, discounts available to each member)
- $150 - Institutional Membership (for details about Institutional Memberships, click here)
- Phone us and provide membership and payment information over the phone. The phone number is 336-293-8844.
Your membership in the North Carolina Writers' Network will be processed within two business days ("business days" do not include weekends and holidays). You will receive an e-mail with instructions for logging in to the members-only portions of the website. If you do not receive this e-mail within two business days, please call the Network at 919-308-3228 or 336-293-8844.