In-Depth Manuscript Critique
Elizabeth Daniels Squire Summer Writing Residency 2007
The 2007 Summer Residency is over, but we have left this information on the website so that you can refer to it as a model of our summer residency courses.
A limited number of in-depth manuscript critiques are available from conference faculty on a first-come, first-serve basis. Faculty will read a longer manuscript in advance (20 pp prose, 10 pp poetry), then schedule a 30 minute meeting time with you during the conference week.
Fee: $120 per manuscript
In-Depth Critique Application Guidelines
- Critique Service is open to conference registrants only.
- 20 pages prose (double spaced); 10 pages poems (1 poem max. per page).
- Be sure to number your pages, put your name on each page, and write a brief letter stating any special requests or focus for the critique.
In-Depth Critique Application Steps
- Register for Summer Residency via web, phone, or mail.
- Print a copy of our In-Depth Critique Service Cover Sheet and fill out with your requested faculty name, or name your faculty selection on a cover sheet. Place the cover sheet on your manuscript.
- Send two copies of your manuscript for critique with a check for $120, made out to NCWN Critique, to: NCWN Summer Residency Critique, PO Box 954, Carrboro, NC 27510.
- Deadline: May 15, 2007.
- We will notify you if you have been accepted for critique.
Note: Don't forget to send a separate (shorter) manuscript sample for your class with your registration. 10 pp. prose, 5 pp. poetry. This is the manuscript that will be used in class critique. You may use the same material or different material for your in-depth faculty critique.