Bookmarks is a literary arts nonprofit that cultivates community by bringing people of all ages together with books and authors who educate, inspire, challenge, and entertain.
Bookmarks seeks a part-time Social Media Coordinator. The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for cultivating the Bookmarks brand across social media platforms. Together with the Marketing Manager, the Social Media Coordinator will create and maintain an annual, monthly, and weekly plan for social media content that corresponds to overall organizational needs and timelines.
The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for staying up to date on the organization in order to accurately convey messages to the public. It is important for this position to be knowledgeable in book industry trends in order for Bookmarks to be relevant in online conversation.
Specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Developing and maintaining a content calendar that corresponds to the overall marketing and communication goals of the organization;
- Keeping reports and records for online reach in order to analyze and plan strategically for future marketing and communications needs;
- Interacting daily with social media followers to foster deeper connection with the community; and
- Keeping the team informed on social media trends and stats and enlisting help where needed in order to incorporate the entire Bookmarks team in storytelling and content creation.
While none of the below qualifications are required, our ideal candidate possesses a combination of these skills:
- Passion for creating a sense of belonging at Bookmarks through diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proficiency in using Instagram, Facebook, and other social media platforms
- Outstanding communication and grammar skills
- Time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
Scheduling and Hours:
- Everyone on the Bookmarks team is required to work the annual Festival of Books and Authors held the last weekend in September
- Most of this work will be remote, however regular in-office meetings will be required
- The regular 10-15-hour work week will be managed with the Marketing Manager, knowing that some interactions and responses to social media posts and questions are expected to be answered in a timely manner
This is a part-time, non-exempt hourly position expected to work 10-15 hours per week with an hourly salary of $15.50. Benefits include:
- Three set paid holidays;
- Employee discounts in the Bookmarks Bookstore;
- Dedicated professional development plan and opportunities for growth;
- Access to print, digital, and audio books;
- Paid volunteer time up to 12 hours per quarter; and
- Opportunities for bonuses throughout the year.