Applications for our February 2023 Catskills DIY Group Retreat open October 1 – December 1, 2022. (All other residencies are filled.) The below gives you an idea of what is asked for in the application process, but please go to https://apply.thecabinsretreat.com to actually apply.
- Contact information of the lead person applying for the group (Note that we can not consider applicants under 21 years of age at this time.)
- Preferred pronouns.
- Description of your group and statement of intent.
- Whether or not anyone in your group has applied to The Cabins’ programming before.
- Whether you have any special needs or mobility concerns we need to know about? Help us understand how we can best accommodate you if you’re chosen for the residency.
- How do you intend to travel to the residency? Will you have access to vehicle or other transportation while there?
- How did you find out about us?
- Anything that you would like to add?
REMINDER: Please go to https://apply.thecabinsretreat.com to apply. The above is only to give you an idea of what the application process entails.
Applications will be received and evaluated on a rolling basis. Those who are not accepted will be placed on a waitlist. The admissions committee takes the following into account while evaluating applications:
- Artistic merit
- Creative balance—applicants should represent a range of disciplines across the creative arts
- Inclusivity: As a program based on the exchange of knowledge and experience, we strive for a diverse representation of race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, class and creed among our participants, and accordingly, we are prioritizing applications from underrepresented artists in the creative arts. We are currently working to make our accommodations more easily accessible to people with mobility issues.
- Participants’ ability and willingness to contribute to a safe, inspirational and healthy experience for everyone involved, including property owners.
Please visit our donation information to find out how you can sponsor a scholarship or donate to The Cabins!