The moment when poets meet poets, across oceans and cultures and continents, drives our team at Frontier. The magic of that meeting is our heart, the very meaning of our name. With the Global Poetry Prize, we’re seeking to make specific and deliberate space for our community that stretches within and beyond the borders of the United States. This year, we’re focusing on four distinct regions: South Asia, Africa, Europe, and North America. Every year, we envision these regions changing, and we hope to include more and more global poets in this series over the years.
Our team will choose ten finalists to represent each region to send to the four individual judges, and they will select each select a winner to represent their region. These winners will receive $1000 and publication on Frontier Poetry. Every poem submitted will also be considered for publication.
Submissions are open to poets who identify as having significant or deeply rooted connections to the region they seek to represent (i.e. including family/cultural ties). You do not have to currently reside in the location. We welcome writers who have complicated identities and histories, but we will not choose writers who would be tourists in the region they wish to represent.
- International submissions are welcome and encouraged.
- No identifying information in the submission document. Our diverse team of readers will read all submissions blind.
- Unpublished poems only.
- We accept simultaneous submissions but please notify us if your work is picked up elsewhere.
- No more than three poems per submission. There is no line-limit. Poems may be any length, any style, or any subject.
- Multiple submissions are allowed, but each new document of poem(s) requires a new submission and fee.
- Submission fee of $20.
- If you have any questions about submissions of any kind or would like to query a current submission, please visit our FAQ page or send an email to: contact (at) frontierpoetry (dot) com
- Submit here.
Editorial Feedback Option
This option costs $59 and will provide you with two pages of detailed and actionable feedback on a poem of your choice from the submission, including suggestions for future submissions. The $149 option will provide three letters from three different editors. Our guest editors are paid a significant portion of the fee (at EFA rates) and are all incredibly astute and professional poets.