The Hub City Writers Project is seeking a Part-Time Bookseller II/Events Coordinator.
- Correspond and coordinate by email with agents, publicists, and authors to secure and plan author events while also responding to requests from authors and publicists for events. Attention should be given to having a wide range of events for diverse audiences.
- Create event pages on the website and Eventbrite and work with social media coordinator to publicize events, including event emails and posters/flyers for events.
- Work with Bookshop Manager and Operations Assistant to purchase an appropriate number of books for each event and coordinate pre-orders and signed copies.
- Host events online, in-store, and off-site.
- Maintain attendance and sales records for events.
- Work in bookshop, providing customer service to store patrons, receiving inventory, merchandising in the store, processing returns, and other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and in difficult scenarios, including interacting with a wide variety of individuals that may come through the door
- Strong attention to detail and communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Familiarity with Dropbox, social media platforms, and other office and productivity tools
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. These include remaining in a stationary position for an extended period of time, moving about the office to access files and office equipment, operating a computer and other office equipment, and moving boxes weighing up to 25 pounds for shipping and off-site events.
This is a 10-hour a week in-person position with hiring anticipated by January 18, 2024. Schedule is flexible, but requires some evening and weekend hours. Bookshop events are generally held on Tuesdays and Thursdays so availability on those days is required. This position pays $15/hour and benefits include paid holidays, PTO, and access to 401k matching program.