Applications for the 2023 conference will be accepted from September 1, 2022 through December 15, 2022.
Send us your best published or unpublished work through the conference’s Submittable page. There is no fee to apply.
- Fiction: Submit up to 20 double-spaced pages of a story or novel excerpt.
- Nonfiction: Submit up to 20 double-spaced pages of an essay or memoir excerpt.
- Poetry: Submit up to 10 pages of poetry, with one poem per page, all in one document.
Please do not put your name in the text or file name of the saved document. All submissions will be read anonymously.
Acceptance to conference workshops in fiction, nonfiction, and poetry is based on manuscript evaluation. You may apply to two workshops but will be selected for only one.
- The 2023 LGRWC will take place May 18-21, 2023.
- Applications for the 2023 conference will be accepted from September 1, 2022 through December 15, 2022.
- Accepted participants will be notified by February 2023.
- Workshops are limited to 12 participants.
- Applicants must be at least eighteen years of age.
- You must show proof of being vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to arriving at the conference. Contact the Conference Director if you have questions about this policy.
Cost to attend
- All inclusive conference cost is $600, including workshops, events, meals and housing on the Brevard College campus. You are welcome to lodge elsewhere, but there is no discount for doing so.
- Merit-based, need-based, and Transylvania County resident full scholarships are available from the Transylvania County Library Foundation for select accepted participants. Apply for a scholarship using the appropriate portal on Submittable.
- Registration and payment portals will open in February through Brevard College. Payment is due in full by March 1, 2023.
Brevard College student scholarship applications
If you are a currently enrolled student at Brevard College and wish to apply for scholarship, use the appropriate Submittable category to apply.