Midnight & indigo is a small publisher and literary journal that provides a space for Black women writers to share their narratives with the world. Learn more here. Submit here.
midnight & indigo is a literary platform dedicated to short fiction and narrative essays by Black women writers.
Our digital platform, midnightandindigo.com features a diverse array of voices that connect readers to content featuring strong female lead characters or a Black female POV; across the spectrum of experience. We also publish 2-3 multi-author literary journals each year (print/ebook and/or audiobook) and 1 long-form anthology collection (upcoming 2023).
As a Black woman-owned start-up, we’re so excited that you chose us as a potential medium for your voice.
- Calls for Journal Submissions for Short Stories and Personal Essays are held 4x per year
- The next deadline is October 31, 2022 for short story and narrative essay submissions.
- Speculative/Horror and Book Reviews focused on works by Black women authors are accepted year-round
- Special editions: Speculative/Horror issue and Anthology (est. December 2023)
- We do NOT accept poetry or manuscripts. Please do not submit them, as they will not be reviewed
To increase your chances of being published, please review our current content; to gain insight into the types of stories that resonate with our readers and Editorial team. Check out our online publication: HERE, print issues: HERE, and our first Speculative issue HERE.