Deadline: August 14
OPEN-DOOR PLAYHOUSE is a brand new PODCAST being launched this Summer/Fall 2020 that seeks to provide live Radio theater to audiences due to the shutdown of Live Theaters across the country.
Our goal is to introduce emerging and unknown playwrights with an opportunity to have their works, produced in a ‘Radio Play” format to be broadcast on our Open-Door Playhouse Podcast.
We invite interested playwrights to submit 1 Acts up to 45 minutes and short 10 min plays to be produced for radio production.
If you would like to support this project please go here: https://fundraising.fracturedatlas.org/open-door-playhouse
Ongoing Submissions for OPEN-DOOR PLAYHOUSE
1. We are currently seeking new plays with a cast of up to 6 character roles.
2. To launch our Podcast we are looking for by August 14th, 2020:
● 10-minute plays that embrace the LGBTQ perspective to feature for October’s Pride Month.
3. Ongoing submissions:
● 10-minute plays that embrace the LGBTQ+, Black Lives Matter, and Senior Citizen perspectives. The 10-minute plays will be recorded and presented in groups of 4 per production.
● Ongoing: 1 Act plays (45 min 50 max) of any genre six characters or less.
4. Work will be chosen by a team of readers. The directors choose the plays we will produce, within the production budget guidelines we give them. Once produced the plays will premiere on the Podcast and remain on the website for up to 60 days.
5. There is no restriction on the subject matter, however, please keep in mind that we are attempting to reach a very broad audience with our programming and subject matter ‘taste’ will be a large part of our selection process.
6. Please ensure submissions have a title page with complete contact information (including email), a character summary, and are in proper script form. There is no charge to enter – however, a tax educatable donation would be greatly appreciated though our fiscal sponsorship with Fractured Atlas.
7. Plays must be non-produced or shown for less than two weeks.
8. Please send PDF copies of your plays to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a copy of the signed release form available here.
9. Playwrights will be notified via email once the selection process has been completed.
10. Once selected you will be notified via email with the date and time of the broadcast of your material.
Thank you to all the writers who entrust us with your work, and we appreciate your interest and willingness to share your work with us as we prepare to launch Open-Door Playhouse in the next couple of months.