Deadline to submit June 30.
Unsolicited poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and book reviews should be submitted via our online submissions manager. Unfortunately, we cannot consider paper submissions and emailed submissions, and mailed manuscripts will be recycled. Submissions sent outside the submission period will not be considered. *Due to a large volume of submissions, Pleiades book review submissions are currently closed.
- Please remember to select the genre of your submission, as submissions sent with no genre marked will not be read.
- Though we attend to submissions as quickly as possible, please allow for up to six months before querying.
- We are especially interested in reading submissions from writers from historically marginalized communities as part of our commitment to a broad representation of dynamic work.
- Writers should review past issues of Pleiades to get a sense of our aesthetic and preferences.
About the Journal
• Pleiades: Literature in Context is a literary biannual featuring poetry, fiction, essays, and reviews by authors from around the world. Past contributors include winners of the Nobel, Ruth Lilly, Pulitzer, Bollingen, Prix de la Liberté, and Neustadt Prizes, recipients of Guggenheim, Whiting, National Book Critics Circle, and National Book Awards, and many writers seeing their work in print for the first time. The current issue is here. Submission guidelines are here. Subscribe here.
• The Pleiades Book Review is an online supplement to the magazine that features both long-form reviews and shorter reviews of books released primarily by independent publishers.
• Each year, Pleiades—in partnership with Copper Nickel and Gulf Coast—distributes the featured book in the Unsung Masters Series. Each volume focuses on an important writer whose work has been unjustly neglected and features both a generous sample of creative work and numerous essays. Unsung Masters Series volumes are distributed free to subscribers with the Spring issue of Pleiades and are also available through Small Press Distribution.