This two-year post-graduate residential fellowship at Kenyon College offers qualified individuals time to develop as writers, teachers, and editors. Fellows will receive an annual $39,498 stipend, plus health benefits. Fellows are expected to:
- Undertake a significant writing project.
- Teach one class per semester in the English Department of Kenyon College, contingent upon departmental needs.
- Assist with creative and editorial projects for the Kenyon Review.
- Participate in the cultural life of Kenyon College by regularly attending readings, lectures, presentations, and other campus activities.
Eligible candidates must meet the following requirements:
- An MFA or PhD in creative writing, English literature, or comparative literature completed before September 15, 2022 but no earlier than January 1, 2017.
- Teaching experience in creative writing and/or literature at the undergraduate level.
Applications must be submitted electronically through Kenyon’s employment website. All application materials, including letters of recommendation, must be submitted by September 30, 2022 for full consideration. There is no application fee.
A complete application must include the following:
- A one-page cover letter
- A curriculum vitae
- An 8-10 page writing sample
- A one-page course proposal for an undergraduate introductory-level multi-genre creative writing class
- An unofficial transcript
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which should directly address the applicant’s teaching ability
To apply, click here.