Operations Support Associate, Longleaf Services, Inc.
Longleaf Services (LL), a not-for-profit affiliate of the University of North Carolina Press, seeks an Operations Support Associate to deliver consistent, timely, daily delivery of the highest quality, cost-effective services to Longleaf clients and customers. This role is a highly visible one, and it requires a detail oriented, well-organized contributor with the ability to handle a high volume of activity and competing responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. The position will be super exciting for someone who is looking for a growth opportunity, who appreciates books and bookselling and is able to provide professional assistance to the Customer Service Manager and the Director of Operations with a variety of important tasks.
- Sales Processing – assist in the creation of daily/monthly sales imports ensuring accuracy and timeliness. This includes exhibit orders and sales, special billings, and consignment sales processing.
- Account Creation – consult with business partners to onboard new customers and maintain detailed, up to date customer records.
- Routinely perform customer service reships, credits, and adjustments.
Support account reconciliation and production of regularly scheduled sales reports.
- Monitor, review and verify accounting records and transactions for accuracy, timeliness, and adequacy of supporting documentation.
- Conduct order processing and management of the same.
Investigate and resolve problems, queries raised by internal and external customers.
- Ensures compliance with internal policies, rules, and regulations.
- Provide assistance and support with annual audits.
- Support management on special projects as needed.
- Perform any other administrative and operations-related support work, as needed.
- Strong analytical, detail oriented, data-driven approach to the role.
- Ability to set priorities, be flexible and manage multiple detailed tasks efficiently; strong project management skills to track and follow up on projects.
- Ability to capture, develop, share, and effectively use information and knowledge to achieve deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, methodical and tenacious.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong business relationships, and adapt to various communication styles, situations, and personalities across all levels.
- Receive, maintain, and approach confidential information with a high level of professionalism, discretion, and unquestionable integrity.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Completion of associate degree in accounting a plus.
- Previous experience working in a data processing/customer service environment.
- Minimum of two years of progressively reasonable operations and administrative experience, ideally from within the publishing industry.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and report writing tools.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software systems.
- State Health Plan of North Carolina underwritten by BCBSNC
- NCFlex State Insurance Plans: dental, vision, accident, and Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- AD&D, cancer, critical care, and life
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 14 paid holidays per year
- 2 paid community service days
- Retirement and investment plans, including supplemental plans and access to financial advisors
- State Employees’ Credit Union Membership
This position reports to the Customer Service Manager of Longleaf Services, Inc.
Interested candidates should email their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Longleaf Services values diversity, equity, and inclusion in word and deed. Our work reflects a commitment to engaging diverse voices and experiences. Similarly, we value a workplace that welcomes different perspectives to enhance the quality of our decision making as we carry out our work. We are strategically engaged in creating and enhancing policies and practices that will attract, retain, and develop a staff that is diverse along many dimensions.
LONGLEAF SERVICES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V