YesYes Books is happy to announce our Open Reading Period for full-length fiction manuscripts is open! We will consider manuscripts in a broad range of genre and narrative style but in general we desire fiction of strong voice and ebullient imagination. Think Kelly Link, N.K. Jemisin, Noy Holland, Michael Cunningham, Terry Pratchett, Nnedi Okorafor, etc. We hope to publish from one to three fiction manuscripts from this reading period.
- All submissions must be made through our Submittable system which will take entries starting on Feb 25 and ending on June 30, 2023 or when Submission Cap of 200 is reached.
- $25 Reading Fee. If your work was a semifinalist or finalist in the fiction category in a prior year, you are invited to email KMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free submission link.
- Submit an excerpt consisting of up to 50 doubled-spaced and numbered pages of your novel, novella, or short story collection. You may include a cover letter with a summary of the project as a whole (not more than two pages) but such a cover letter is not required. Revisions are not allowed during submission period. You are welcome to withdraw and resubmit the sample but it will require an additional submission fee.
- A brief bio in the cover letter is optional.
- Semi-finalists will be chosen by September 1 and will be invited to submit full manuscripts. Semi-finalist authors will be given two months from invitation to send in their full manuscripts.
Full-length publication with YYB comes with the following:
- 40 author copies
- $1000 advance toward royalties
- 15%-25% royalty package
- $500 toward tour expenses
Email us at email@example.com if you have additional questions.
Reading Period: February 25, 2023 – June 30, 2023
About the Press
YesYes Books has been publishing provocative collections of poetry, fiction, and experimental art since 2011. We look for work that acknowledges and celebrates our passionate, complex, and boundless natures.
In recent years, YYB titles have received national awards including the Lambda Award for Gay Poetry, Lambda Award for Bisexual Poetry, American Book Award, Kate Tufts Discovery Award, Milt Kessler Award, Eric Hoffer Award, John C. Zacharis Award, Julie Suk Award, CLMP Firecracker Award, and Devil’s Kitchen Reading Prize. Our titles have also been included in numerous finalist/semifinalist standings and best book lists such as the National Book award Longlist, the Lamba Award for Transgender Poetry, Believer Book Award, Balcones Poetry Prize, Norma Farber First Book Award, Publisher’s Weekly Best Debuts of the Year, Boston Globe Best Poetry Books of the Year and many others.
With books that are as beautiful to hold as they are to read, YesYes Books engages an international community of writers, artists, and readers.