YesYes Books is happy to announce our Open Reading Period for full-length poetry manuscripts is open! We will publish at least one poetry collection from this reading period with the possibility of two more. We do not guarantee that we will publish more than one book from the annual ORP but historically we have published as many as four full-length collections from a single year’s submission pool.
- Submission period is February 25 – June 30, 2023 or until Submission Cap of 400 is reached. Submit here.
- $25 reading fee. If you were a semifinalist or finalist in the Open Reading Period in Poetry in a prior year, you are invited to email KMA at firstname.lastname@example.org for a free submission link.
- Manuscripts must include 48-120 numbered pages of poetry and a table of contents. An acknowledgements page is not required but can be included. Your manuscript must be a single Word doc, docx, or PDF.
- A brief bio in the cover letter is optional.
- All decisions regarding the submissions to this reading period will be made on or about September 1, 2023. All submitters will be contacted directly prior to a public announcement.
Full-length publication with YYB comes with the following:
- 40 author copies
- $1000 advance toward royalties
- 15%-25% royalties
- $500 toward tour expenses
Email us at email@example.com if you have additional questions.
About the Press
YesYes Books has been publishing provocative collections of poetry, fiction, and experimental art since 2011. We look for work that acknowledges and celebrates our passionate, complex, and boundless natures.
In recent years, YYB titles have received national awards including the Lambda Award for Gay Poetry, Lambda Award for Bisexual Poetry, American Book Award, Kate Tufts Discovery Award, Milt Kessler Award, Eric Hoffer Award, John C. Zacharis Award, Julie Suk Award, CLMP Firecracker Award, and Devil’s Kitchen Reading Prize. Our titles have also been included in numerous finalist/semifinalist standings and best book lists such as the National Book award Longlist, the Lamba Award for Transgender Poetry, Believer Book Award, Balcones Poetry Prize, Norma Farber First Book Award, Publisher’s Weekly Best Debuts of the Year, Boston Globe Best Poetry Books of the Year and many others.
With books that are as beautiful to hold as they are to read, YesYes Books engages an international community of writers, artists, and readers.