For many years now, the North Carolina Writers’ Network has sent three e-blasts each week: The NC Literary Calendar (Tuesdays), Opportunities (Wednesdays), and Member Readings (Thursdays).
We send these e-blasts because we believe the information they contain get to the heart of our mission, which is to provide programs, resources, and opportunities for growth to writers at all levels.
But we, like you, wake each morning buried by new e-mails–so many e-mails, in fact, that we don’t even read many of the e-mails sent from lists we subscribe to. There just isn’t time.
We’ve decided to do our part to remedy that. Beginning this week, NCWN will now send only one e-blast per week. This single e-mail will contain the following:
* Important headlines from the past week
* New literary events, including a link to our full online calendar
* New readings by our members, including a link to our full online calendar
* New opportunities, including a link to the Opportunities section of our website
* Links to posts from the past week on our White Cross School blog
* Links to books from the past week that were featured in our Book Buzz section
* This week’s “Helping Hand,” which will remind recipents of member benefits
Along with this, our weekly e-blast will now be sent only to current members. To help remind you when to renew your membership, you’ll find your membership expiration date on the top right corner, once you open the e-blast.
We don’t want to clutter your e-mail inbox any more than we have to, and we hope you enjoy the new format.
Look for it in your inbox later this week.