On Thursday, November 12, at 6:00 pm EST, the Carolina African-American Writers’ Collective will celebrate their new anthology, All the Songs We Sing: Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the Carolina African American Writers Collective (Blair, 2020). Members of the collective, including L. Teresa Church, Angela Belcher Epps, Bridgette A. Lacy, and Lenard D. Moore, will read.
The Carolina African-American Writers’ Collective has been all over the news:
- “Lifted Voices” in Our State
- “â€˜All The Songs We Singâ€™ Is an Important Ensemble of Voices” in The Southern Review of Books
- “Carolina African American Writersâ€™ Collective Celebrates 25 Years with a New Anthology” in INDY Week
- “More Black Southern Voices: All the Songs We Sing” in Cultural Front
- “All the Songs We Sing” in Frogpond
For more about The Carolina African-American Writers’ Collective, visit their website, https://caawcgroup.wordpress.com.
The Writingest State Online Conference is a five-day festival for writers featuring classes and conversations on the craft and business of writing, as well as a keynote address by North Carolina Poet Laureate Jaki Shelton Green, a NaNoWriMo Gathering and a Prompt Party to get creative juices flowing, online Open Mic readings and Happy Hour virtual gatherings, and an Agents & Editors panel discussion.
Registration for the Writingest State Online Conference closes November 9. Register here.