Take action no later than Thursday, June 4!
The House budget is now in the hands of the Senate.
A vigorous grassroots response will be essential in convincing the Senate to accept the House recommendation for arts funding which includes:
- Sustaining current operations and programs of the North Carolina Arts Council
- Allocating an additional $500,000 to the Grassroots Arts Program
- $250,000 in a matching challenge grant for A+ Schools
WRITE YOUR SENATOR AND ASK FOR SUPPORT OF THE HOUSE RECOMMENDATION FOR THE NORTH CAROLINA ARTS COUNCIL.
TALKING POINTS AND INSTRUCTIONS:
- Since 2008, the North Carolina Arts Council and its partners statewide have endured 35% in debilitating cuts. The $750,000 recommended by the House restores at 10%, still leaving the Council at a net loss of 25%.
- The arts are partners with the Senate in creating a more friendly business environment. Quality of life is essential to attracting and expanding businesses and to recruitment and retention of skilled workers.
- Include a short paragraph about how the arts improve the business climate of your community.
- Offer support and affirmation for his/her service to North Carolina.
- If you know the Senator personally, please call rather than send an email. Even if you do not know your Senator, a phone message is often more effective than an email
- If you email, make sure your communication does not appear to be a “form” letter. Use your own Email Subject, such as From Your District or Please Support Arts Funding.
Please forward any responses you receive to email@example.com.
TAKE ACTION NOW!
View the Revised Legislative Agenda here.