With all the recent buzz, you’d have to be living under a rockâ€”or a conch shellâ€”not to have heard about the upcoming North Carolina Writers’ Network 2013 Fall Conference in Wrightsville Beach. It’s happening this weekend, November 15-17, and we’re getting ready to welcome more registrants than we have at any conference since 2007. It’s going to be quite a weekend.
(By the way, there’s still time to be part of the exccitmentâ€”on-site registration opens at 5:00 pm Friday!)
So, who’s been saying nice things about us?
- Encore Magazine featured Rebecca Lee and previewed the Fall Conference in a piece by Gwenyfar Rohler
- WHQR 91.3 FM Public Radio featured Rebecca Lee and Nicki Leone in “Midday Interview” with guest host Jason Hess
- Cole Dittmer at the Lumina News previewed our Fall Conference
- Ben Steelman threw tons of love our way this year in the Wilmington Star-News, especially this piece
- DG Martin interviewed Emily Colin on “Who’s Talking?” about her upcoming workshop, “How Not to Win the Bad SexÂ Award”
- The North Carolina Arts Council graciously reminded their readers to come to Fall Conference
- Both OutreachNC and the Salisbury Post encouraged their loyal readers to check us out
- The Lumina News featured Nicki Leone in an excellent profile by Kelly Corbett
And we can’t say enough about all the writing organizations, libraries, and other literary-minded individuals who’ve done so much to spread the word over the course of the past six months. Thank you: we can’t wait to spend the weekend with you talking about writerly things.
And don’t forget: NCWN will host our first-ever Pre-Conference Tailgate on Friday at 12:00 pm at The Bellamy Mansion. The Wilmington-based writing group The Sea Quills, who are also the Network’s regional representatives for the Cape Fear Coast, will lead a series of writing exercises to get our creative juices flowing. Light refreshments will be provided; open to the public.