On Thursday, February 18, the North Carolina Literary Map, NC Literary Review, and the NC Writers’ Network hosted the online NC Quarantine Literary Tour: a mountains-to-sea virtual journey to fictional places created by some of the stateâ€™s most accomplished authors.
The archived video of that event can be viewed here.
The NC Quarantine Literary Tour featured nine places created by NC Literary Hall of Fame inductees in and for fictional works:
- Wellington, from The Marrow of Tradition by Charles W. Chesnutt
- Fulton, from Life After Life and other works by Jill McCorkle
- Tims Creek, from A Visitation of Spirits and other works by Randall Kenan
- Falls, from Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All and other works by Allan Gurganus
- Colleton County, from the Deborah Knott mystery series by Margaret Maron
- Listre, from Raney and other works by Clyde Edgerton
- Stone County, from Tall Houses in Winter and other works by Doris Betts
- Altamont, from Look Homeward, Angel and other works by Thomas Wolfe
- Thicketty Creek, from The Tall Woman by Wilma Dykeman
So if you missed the tour that took folks to places that weren’t really even there the first time, now you can travel to those same places on your own time!