Fees & Deadlines
All SW23 registrations must be received and paid in full by 12:00 p.m. noon, Thursday, July 6.
- $445 – NCWN Member Rate, commuter
- $695 – NCWN Member Rate, on-campus room
- $545 – NCWN Member Rate, shared on-campus room*
- $595 – Nonmember Rate, commuters#
- $745 – Nonmember Rate, on-campus room#
* A shared room is available for household members who both are registered for the Squire Workshops. Each must register separately at the shared rate, and then at least one of you must confirm the arrangement by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
# Nonmembers may join for $80 [individual] / $60 [reduced] and be eligible for the member rate.
A $350 deposit is required with registration, with balance due July 6.
Join the Network When You Register
You can join the Network when you register, and pay the member rates, plus the appropriate member dues:
- $80 standard 1-year membership
- $60 reduced membership (senior 65+, full-time student, writers under 30, writers with disabilities)
- $140 2-year membership
- $110 2-year reduced membership
|May 1||Registration opens.|
|June 15||Scholarship Applications due.|
|May 1 – July 6||Registration Period. A $350 deposit is required with registration.|
|July 6||All SW23 registrations must be received and paid in full by 12:00 p.m. noon.|
|July 6||Refund/Cancellation deadline. Must be received by 12:00 p.m. noon.|
|July 20-23||Workshops in session.|
A limited amount of scholarship aid will be available for deserving writers. To apply for a scholarship, please send your current CV and a brief “statement of writing intent,” describing your habits and goals as a writer, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 15.
Cancellations & Refunds
Requests for refunds must be made in writing, and must be received by 12:00 p.m., Thursday, July 6, in order to be refunded up to 50% of the total registration fee. No refunds will be given for no-shows or requests made after July 6.
For Writers with Special Needs
The North Carolina Writers’ Network strives to make our programs and services accessible to all writers, including those with special needs. If you have any mobility issues or require an ADA-accessible room, please include your requirements on your registration form.
The registration form for the 2023 Squire Workshops will ask registrants if they want to opt-in to a Registrant Directory. This directory will include first and last names and email addresses for all registrants who choose to be included, and will be shared with only those registrants after the conference.
Joining the Registrant Directory is not required, and the Network will not share the directory with those who do not choose to join.